Sniffing Dog Training – Simple and safe
Diehl Defence developed a new Explosive Sniffing Instrumentation (ESI) in cooperation with the German Army to guarantee efficient training with simple and safe operations. The explosive agents are dissolved in so-called ionic liquids or mixed in kieselguhr. In this way, the character of the explosive agents is desensitized, but with unchanged flavor matrix. Thus ESI is not limited by the restriction of Explosives Law and may be transported without any transport permission into the training area. All high-explosive agents can be desensitized by this method.
The Diehl ESI consists of different sniffing devices (SD) and so-called mislead devices (MD) packed in two carrying cases. Both devices, SDs and MDs allow only the fragrance to exhaust by opening the lid. No liquid or solid substances are able to leak from the device avoiding any contamination of the training environment.
Customer tested for many years
The German Army has successfully tested the Diehl ESI over many years in different areas with different climatic conditions such as Mali, California, Sardinia to gain experience with the product and dog behavior. Systematic tests were carried out in terms of
• realistic hidden places such as inside safes, inside a closed box, inside cars etc.
• stressing dogs by noise and flavor misguidance like oil, metal, excrement etc.
• climatic conditions like wind, low temperatures, high humidity etc.
Each test series has been carried out with several dogs and different dog groups including young animals and those from foreign armed forces.
Configuration According to client’s request
The new Diehl ESI currently contains 16 different explosive agents including the high-explosive substances, marker agents and blind agents. However, we are able to furnish this product with different kinds of explosive
agents according to our client’s request.
Your benefits using the new Diehl
Explosive Sniffing Instrumentation
• Safe and easy use of real explosive agent test device
• Not subject to Explosives Law
• No transport permission required
• Reusable over at least 1 year
• Systematically tested by German Armed Forces
Tracking dog training – simple and safe – tested and patented for many years by the german military!
In collaboration with the German Armed Forces, a new Explosive Sniffing Instrumentation (ESI) was developed to enable efficient tracking dog training using a simple and safe method. The explosives are dissolved in so-called ionic liquids or mixed in diatomaceous earth. In this way, the character of the explosives is desensitized, but with an unchanged odor matrix.
Thus, the ESI is not restricted by the regulations of the Explosives Act and may be transported to the training area without a transport permit!
All highly explosive agents can be desensitized using this method.
The ESI consists of various smell samples (RP) and so-called seduction samples (VP), which are in a double outer packaging. Both outer packaging, only leave the smell of the smell sample by opening the lid to the outside. No liquid or solid substances can escape from the container, which prevents contamination of the training environment. Also, the sniffer dog cannot get in direct contact with the smell test and is therefore safe.
The german military has tested it for many years
The german military has had the ESI in different areas for many years under different climatic conditions, e.g. successfully tested in Mali, California, Sardinia and gained extensive experience with the ESI and the possibility of noticeability for dogs, compared to “real – undissolved” explosives.
Systematic tests have been carried out with regard to
- realistic hidden places such as in safes, in a closed box, in cars, etc.
- Stress for dogs due to noise and odors such as oils, other metals, excrement, etc.
- climatic conditions such as wind, low temperatures, high humidity, etc.
Each series of tests was conducted with several dogs and different dog teams, including youngsters and dogs from foreign armed forces.
Configuration On customer request
The ESI can currently contain around 20 different explosives according to customer requirements, including the highly explosive agent TATP, as well as markers and blind agents.
Your benefits with the new Explosive Sniffing Instruments (ESI) training:
- Safe and easy use of the case compared to real fabrics
- quick and effective training of the sniffer dogs
- Patented product according to patent sheet 2018/07 – European Patent Office
- Not subject to the Explosives Act
- no qualification required under § 20 SprengG
- No transport permit required under the GGbefG, as it is not classified as dangerous goods
- can be kept anywhere
- Transport and storage of the case is not subject to any legal restrictions, e.g. fire protection etc.
- this means that training can be done anywhere and at any location, no special training facilities required
- no direct contact of the dog with the smell samples (yes with real substances), therefore extremely safe to use
- Systematically and long-term tested by the Bundeswehr and in use there
- Outside of authorities, the only way to train the highly explosive substances TATP and HMTD
- no police clearance certificate required
- no EU membership required
- no business registration required
- no permit according to § 7 Explosives Act (commercial handling of explosive substances) required
- no fee-based and time-consuming course for specialist knowledge at a blasting school is required
- no further official approvals required, e.g. B. the clearance certificate for § 20 SprengG
- Immediate training start after order clarification
- Reusable product through annual reprocessing (further reprocessing costs arise)
- therefore no acquisition costs of “correct” explosives
- no contamination problems like with conventional explosives
- Huge savings potential, with one-time acquisition and preparation costs for your company and not permanently for each sniffer dog owner
- No additional training costs at a private company for tracking dog training (saving approx. € 9,000.00 per tracking dog guide)
- Very short training period in theory and practice
- very short training time compared to the conventional method with correct explosives
- After training the dog at the ESI, an immediate certification takes place after acceptance of the test
- As before, the sniffer dog test can be taken at private and commercial companies as well as at the Federal Aviation Office
- absolutely unique are the available “markers” in explosives as pure and own substances for direct conditioning, which are otherwise not freely available
- Verification of the training results can also be trained on larger quantities and large quantities
The sniffing dog, tactical, ionic liquids and diatomaceous earth, sniffing dog (RPA tactical ILKG) is a training aid for dogs to train them for specific explosives.
RPA tactical ILKG are used for the training and training of explosives-sensing service dogs in order to provide targeted training for the dogs with simple and safe handling
The explosives are dissolved in so-called ionic liquids or stirred into diatomaceous earth and as a result lose their explosive properties as a solution or dilution. This will drop the RPA
tactical ILKG no longer under the explosives law and can be transported by anyone without a transport permit. This technique also detonates highly explosive substances such as
TATP to a harmless solution, without explosive properties, while maintaining the typical smell.
The RPA tactically ILKG is two suitcases (TuLBEH 1 and TuLBEH 2) for taking up the individual olfactory samples (RP) in TuLBEH 1. The so-called olfactory samples with entanglements and markers,
are used in TuLBEH 2. The olfactory samples with entanglements and olfactory samples with markers are packed again in outer packaging to prevent contamination.
The odorous substances are introduced into the sample holder in such a way that the smell can escape when the container is open, without liquid or solid components being able to escape, so that there is no odor contamination with the environment. The dog handler takes the smell test (RP), whereupon the dog should find the smell contained in the RP through his sense of smell.
The further way for you now:
- Contact DOGINARE – Karl-Heinz Klöpper – expert and expert – for a detailed information webinar / personal advice (free of charge)
- A practical and comprehensive LIVE demonstration of DOGINARE – Karl-Heinz Klöpper – in your company – (subject to a charge) Arrange your inquiry and appointment now:
- Conclusion of contract to buy the suitcase
- Personal handover with extensive training (subject to charge) by DOGINARE – Karl-Heinz Klöpper – expert and expert – including certificate
- On request, further training of your employees by DOGINARE – Karl-Heinz Klöpper – expert and expert – incl. Certificate – (fee-based)
- Implementation and use in your entrepreneurial activity.